Love staying ahead of the growth curve and experimenting with new software and environments? Join the Jira Cloud Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team in Gdańsk to work with systems serving millions of users worldwide. You will implement and maintain solutions that operate at scale - see your efforts directly improve the reliability of Atlassian products.
What you will do:
- Work side by side with the Jira Cloud development team to maintain and improve our systems. Get your hands dirty with the Jira's code!
- Gain deep technical knowledge of our services, build tools for automation, improve SRE processes and, most importantly, have fun doing it. We guarantee you’ll not be bored!
- Deal with monitoring and alerting, configuration and capacity management, disaster recovery planning and execution
- As part of a global team spread across different timezones, you'll provide round-the-clock coverage for Atlassian's Cloud services running in AWS. You will need and use skills and the quick-decision making ability to deal with incidents
- Investigate and sink your teeth into why something did not work the way it should - and prevent it from happening again
- Drive a reduction in work interruption (firefighting) and constant increase of services quality
What we expect from you:
- Strong knowledge and 1+ year working experience with Java and JVM
- Scripting skills (Python is our default preference) - we don't want you doing repetitive work!
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Rackspace Cloud
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting user facing service outages
- Practical knowledge of distributed systems monitoring
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for the code you write, from concept all the way to production
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (both spoken and written)
- A collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption
- Knowledge of and exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools at scale is an added bonus
What we can offer you:
- Impact! Atlassian tools are used by millions of users around the world
- A lot of opportunities to grow around people from Gdansk, Sydney, Mountain View, San Francisco and Amsterdam
- Work in a world that is based on values such as honesty, truth, openness, and respect for the customer
- Opportunity to build/grow your personal presence by speaking publicly at various events
- Education Bonus (you choose what kind of training you would like to spend it on)
- Ergonomic and user friendly equipment (computers, office desks and Aeron chairs) Fully equipped kitchen (coffee, tea, yogurts, cornflakes, sodas, sweets at your disposal)
- Are you into traveling? Here's your opportunity to visit Australia or U.S.
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Spartez
- Life insurance fully covered by Spartez
- Multisport card 50% covered by Spartez
When you join Spartez you will get some great perks.See them all
Mid positions11 000 - 16 000 + additional compensation for on-call shiftsgross per month
The controller of personal data provided in connection with the conducted recruitment processes, including the personal data contained in the enclosed application documents, in accordance with the application filed and consent granted, is Spartez Went Wspólnicy Sp. j., Na Zboczu 33, 80-110 Gdańsk, Spartez sp. z o.o. sp. k., Norwida 2, 80-280 Gdańsk, or in case of selecting both entities, these selected companies as independent controllers. Personal data are processed solely for recruitment purposes. In case of applying for job offered under an employment contract, data in the scope specified in the Labour Code – the Act of 26 June 1974 (Dz.U. [Polish Journal of Laws] of 1974 No. 24 item 141 as amended) and implementing acts are provided voluntarily but are necessary for the recruitment. The data are processed on the basis of the above-mentioned laws. Additional data in the application documents, as well as data provided when applying for a collaborator (a civil law contract) are provided voluntarily and processed on the basis of consent which may be withdrawn at any time without affecting the lawfulness of data processing carried out on the basis of the consent before its withdrawal. Candidates’ data – solely their first and last name and the date of birth – will be processed for 18 months following the completion of the recruitment process in which a given candidate participated. This results from the recruitment policy adopted by our companies which excludes a candidate from participating in another recruitment process in less than 18 months. If a candidate voluntarily consents to participating in future recruitments, his or her personal data will be processed for 18 months following the completion of the recruitment processing which this candidate participated. Personal data of candidates will not be disclosed to any other entities save for those entities commissioned by the Controller to process such data for the purpose of proper handling of the recruitment processes, e.g. IT services providers, business consultants. However, such entities process the data on the basis of an agreement concluded with the Controller and solely as instructed by the Controller, and may not use personal data for other purposes. Therefore, personal data may be transferred to a third country on the basis of standard data protection clauses adopted or accepted by the European Commission. Personal data will not be used for automated decision-making processes, including profiling. Each person whose personal data are processed, has the right of access, demand rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data, the right to object processing of personal data, the right to transfer personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In all cases connected with processing personal data by the Controller, including information about adequate safeguards on protection of personal data applied in connection with providing personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.