What you will be doing:
You will be performing a product management role in close coordination with a Software Development Team. This includes:
- Holistically managing the backlog of all work performed by the Server Platform Team.
- Leading the decision-making process on supported libraries and technologies across the entire Server Team.
- Coordinating projects with Product Teams to adopt Server Platform Team recommendations.
- Cataloguing, auditing and driving decision-making process on ownership of all Server Platform components.
What we expect from you:
- Practical experience with Agile development methodologies as an experienced Senior Product Manager with tech background and a true passion for technical products.
- 2-3 yrs of software development experience will be a strong advantage, as we need you to feel great in the tech environment and have a clear understanding of cross-product dependencies.
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent backend products and/or product features.
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to set solid partnerships at all levels of organization for 3 geographically dispersed teams.
- An open mind, results driven approach and passion for your craft.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Willingness and excitement to travel to Sydney up to 4 times a year.
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.