What you will do?
- Develop, deliver and maintain long term compelling vision for company crucial product
- Gather and analyse customers feedback. Make decisions on what should be turned into features in order to improve customers experience
- Work closely with the engineering team on the technical specifications and ensure that teams have all of the information they need
- Run constant research about market, competition, customers needs to understand potential new ways for product growth. Prioritise it, work closely with the team, and be responsible for the future of TFS4JIRA
What we expect from you?
- 4 years of product management experience, ideally in the field of enterprise software
- A track record of building successful long term visions and strategies for digital products
- Real passion and empathy to understand customer needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems
- Ability to prioritise among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind your decisions
- You’re experienced in making hard data-informed decisions (A/B experimentation, user testing, data analysis, competitors and market analysis, defining metrics)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- English level - upper-intermediate is a must
- Ability to adapt, discover business opportunities, and scale the product
- Experience in working within Atlassian Ecosystem products will be an advantage
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.