We're looking for developers who are passionate about writing great software, have a love for solving difficult problems, enjoy learning about new technologies and contributing to products used by millions of people.
- Have knowledge of writing robust and reliable systems
- Can ensure performance, quality and security aspects while building a product that delivers an awesome user experience
- Enjoy discussing innovative ideas and code with your peers, coming up with great product solutions, and passing on your knowledge to others
Then we are the place for you!
What you will do?
- Engage with other developers, front-end designers, product managers, and performance engineers
- Liaise with technical leads and architects to promote great software design and quality
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for our products and processes
- Develop awesome new features front-end to back-end as part of a team
- Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up.
What we expect from you?
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java (However, if you're a strong developer with experience of building products, have used other O-O languages and have exposure to Java, we'd still like to hear from you!)
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications
- Good knowledge in some back-end technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, SQL
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English (both spoken and written)
- Being responsible and guarding the service you build
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools, and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing and building. The more the merrier!
- Excitement for the latest trends in application design
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like XP and Scrum
- Interest in learning more about new languages and frameworks
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Wide experience of successful and failed projects
- Ability to slice and dice problems so they can be worked on by several people Desire and ability to mentor junior developers
- Relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
- 5 to 10 years (or more) in a professional development role
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.