We're looking for remote developers who are passionate about creating great software, have a love for solving difficult problems and enjoy learning about new technologies while contributing to products used by millions of people around the globe.
What does it mean to be a remote Java Developer at Spartez? Check out the in-depth, first-hand account on our blog: Thoughts on remote work as a software developer. To get the most out of our remote collaboration, we will be asking you to visit us and sync with the team in line with the schedule below:
- Initial 6 months of employment: onboarding and onsite work for the first 4 to 6 weeks. Following this period, 3 more visits at our office (3+ working days each).
- After 6 months of employment: 6 visits at our office per year (3+ working days each)
Therefore, if you...
- Have experience and knowledge on how to write robust and reliable systems
- Can ensure performance, quality and security while delivering a product that provides an awesome user experience
- Enjoy discussing innovative ideas and code with your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing your knowledge on to others
… then we’re the team for you’re looking for!
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating with other developers, front-end designers, product managers and performance engineers
- Liaising with technical leads and architects to promote great software design and quality
- Driving innovation by coming up with new and out-of-the-box ideas for our products and processes
- Developing awesome new features front-end to back-end as part of a global team
- Solving issues of the existing architecture and code
What do we expect from you?
- A willingness to travel to Gdańsk. Please note: This job ad is addressed to developers living outside of Tricity and it’s metropolitan areas.
- At least 4 years of professional experience
- An excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java (however, if you are a strong developer with an experience of building products using other O-OP languages and have had exposure to Java along the way, we'd still like to hear from you!)
- A deep architectural understanding of web applications
- A good knowledge of back-end technologies, such as Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, SQL
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as a member of the team
- A high level of responsibility and ownership towards service that you build
- An interest in learning about new languages and frameworks
- An excitement for the latest trends in application design
- Preferred skills:
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools, and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, and building (the more the merrier!)
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like XP and Scrum
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.
- For candidates based outside of Poland we can offer B2B contracts only
- Due to the required frequency of visits and associated travel expenses, candidates for remote positions must be based within a 3-hour flight (or 8-hour trip using other forms of transportation) to/from Gdańsk