As the Principal Developer on the team, you will have technical seniority and will lead the attack of the most challenging problems. You will be responsible for analysing these problems, designing elegant solutions, and pushing your solutions through to implementation. You will be working with performance engineers and quality analysts who give your creations a good beating before they are released to thousands of customers worldwide. You will also be responsible for training other developers on your team to develop their expertise.
If you are able to:
- Solve difficult technical problems whilst keeping in mind user experience, performance, quality and security aspects
- Remain unfazed by demanding technical problems and always craving new challenges
- Impact on visualisation, search and code review of the leading Version Control System products
- To provide technical leadership to a team of elite developers
Then we are the place for you!
What you will do:
- Create elegant solutions to very challenging technical problems
- Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up
- Liaise with the technical leads and developers to promote great software design and quality
- Provide technical leadership and training to other developers on the team
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for our products and processes
- Develop awesome new features, front-end to back-end, as part of a team
- Lead by example
What we expect from you:
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java and JVM
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications
- Good knowledge in some back-end technologies like Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, SQL
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Wide experience of successful and failed projects
- Ability to slice and dice problems so they can be worked on by several people
- Desire and ability to mentor junior developers
- Relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English (both oral and written)
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools, and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, and building. The more the merrier!
- Good knowledge of other JVM languages (such as Scala, Groovy, and Closure) or web platforms (Ruby on Rails, Python/Django)
- Excitement for the latest trends in application design
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like XP and Scrum
- Interest in learning more about new languages and frameworks
- 8 to 20 years (or more) in a professional development role
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.