If you would like to:
- Be a part of a team responsible for some of the most exciting, demanding and rewarding projects in the organization
- Have an impact on the formation of world-class software such as JIRA, Bamboo and Crowd
- Work in an international environment (Gdansk, Sydney, San Francisco, Amsterdam and other cities around the globe)
Then we are the place for you!
What you will do:
- Be a technical leader; promoting, defining, customizing and deploying best agile practices
- Cooperate with all departments in order to achieve the best possible result - customer success
- Help shape and create the roadmaps for Front End platform and Java platform teams that support product development effort
- Deliver a vision of where the platform teams are going in the next 12 months and the benefits this will bring to product teams.
- Lead effective delivery of complex cross-product projects according to the technical platform roadmap and improve the process based on learnings and experiences
- Ensure visibility through lightweight metrics and continuous project status reporting
- Successfully mentor and support the career development of your team members
- Improve the process based on the learnings and experiences as you go
- Lead by example and practice an inclusive management style
- Proactively provide resourcing plans and options for budgeting process
What we expect from you:
- Experience in leading a development team (complete lifecycle) using agile principles and practices
- Excellent, up-to-date knowledge of Java or other JVM-based languages (knowledge of other modern programming platforms, especially web-based would be an added advantage)
- The ability to mentor and motivate engineers
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and monitor the progress of a group of people
- Minimum 6 years' experience in software development with a few years as a leader/manager
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
There are many good reasons to join us:
You will be working with smart and experienced people on challenging projects and taking on the responsibility for creating the vision and direction for the platform team. Moreover, we offer a solid pack of benefits:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.