We are looking for an experienced technical leader to support and accelerate the development of Jira Cloud. You will be responsible for managing a team of five experienced engineers whose primary responsibility is running Jira Cloud in production environment (Site Reliability Engineering).
If you would like to:
- contribute to Jira transformation into a truly Cloud Native application, gain deep technical knowledge of Jira Cloud services, build tools for automation, improve SRE processes and, most importantly, have fun doing it,
- deal with monitoring and alerting, configuration and capacity management, disaster recovery planning and execution in world class Cloud solution,
- provide round-the-clock coverage for Jira Cloud services running in AWS, as part of a global team spread across different timezones, using your skills and quick-decision making ability to deal with incidents,
- investigate and sink your teeth into why something did not work the way it should, and prevent it from happening again...
... then we are the place for you!
What will you be doing?
- Managing a team as a leader who defines, promotes, customizes and deploys best Agile practices
- Cooperating with other teams in order to achieve the best possible outcome - customer success
- Shaping out and executing on team’s roadmap
- Defining short and mid-term team goals supported with data
- Leading roadmap execution through day-to-day team work management
- Improving the processes based on the learnings and experiences
- Ensuring effective internal and external team communication
- Supporting the career development of your team members
- Executing performance & salary management process for all team members
- Collaborating with Jira Engineering leaders by providing feedback, suggestions, advice and input as needed
What we expect from you?
- Minimum 6 years experience in software development with a few years as a leader/manager
- Experience in leading a development team (complete lifecycle) using Agile principles and practices
- Experience in people management; the ability to mentor, motivate and support the growth of engineers
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and monitor their progress
- Up-to-date knowledge of Java or other JVM-based languages (knowledge of other modern programming platforms, especially web-based is an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel to Sydney at least once a year (for ~2 weeks)
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.