We like to play as a team, especially when things get tricky. This is why we’re not only holding on to the awesome people already onboard, but also continue to welcome and search for new team members. Just like all of our other activities, the job interviews, onboardings and bootcamps continue as planned, we’ve simply switched to 100% remote work and moved all our interactions online. What’s more, everyone who joins Spartez these days can work from home until the COVID-19 lockdown is over. Subsequently, all new team members from outside the Gdańsk metropolitan area can take up to two months to relocate. It’s business as usual at Spartez. Join us!
We are looking for a seasoned Team Lead to support and accelerate the growth of Jira Cloud by leading one of the Ecosystem development teams. The primary focus of the team is improving product extensibility that enables customers to build apps for Jira. You will be managing a crew of six experienced and effective engineers, as well as collaborating within the broader context of a diverse and dynamic organisation.
If you would like to:
- Be part of a team responsible for driving extensibility improvements in Jira Cloud
- Collaborate with multiple teams on enhancing the product and empower hundreds of customers worldwide to build extensions and apps for Jira
- Have an impact on the formation of a world-class cloud-native software
- Grow each day by experimenting and playing in a boundless universe of possibilities alongside brilliant and well-versed engineers
- Get the support and encouragement to drive change and improve processes, putting into practice one of our core values: “Be the change you seek”
- Adapt the “fail fast and move fast” motto as your own
Then we are the place for you!
What will you be doing?
- Cooperating with other teams in order to achieve the best possible results and customer success
- Making decisions with regard to the team’s roadmap, based on designated team responsibilities, together with Product Management and Design
- Challenging your team in technical vision and application design
- Managing the team as a leader that promotes, defines, customizes and deploys best agile practices
- Setting up short term and mid-term goals for the team, as well as associated measures
- Leading effective delivery of a roadmap owned by the team
- Ensuring effective team communication internally and externally
- Mentoring and supporting the career development of your team members
- Improving the process based on learnings and experiences gained as you go along
- Leading by example and practicing an inclusive management style
- Participating in engineering leaders' activities across Jira Engineering by providing feedback, suggestions, advice and input, in response to challenges that come your way
What we expect from you:
- Background in leading a development team (complete lifecycle) using agile principles and practices
- Experience in people management, including but not limited to the ability to mentor and motivate engineers
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and monitor the progress of a team
- Not less than 6 years of experience in software development with a few years as a leader/manager
- Excellent communication skills (meaning that you are able to not only put your thoughts across in a clear, concise and focused manner, but you’re also a good listener)
- Creativity, innovation and problem-solving skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel to Sydney once a year (for ~2 weeks)
- Flexibility to be part of the on-call roster for Major Incident Managers
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world-renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.