Love staying ahead of the growth curve and experimenting with new software and environments? Join the Jira Cloud Site Reliability Engineering (Jira SRE) team in Gdańsk to work with systems serving millions of users worldwide. You will implement and maintain solutions that operate at scale - see your efforts directly improve the reliability of Atlassian products.
What you will do?
- Get your hands dirty with the Jira Cloud code! Work side by side with the Jira Cloud development teams to maintain and improve our systems
- Gain deep technical knowledge of our services, build tools for automation, improve SRE processes and, most importantly, have fun doing it. We guarantee you’ll not be bored!
- Deal with monitoring and alerting, configuration and capacity management, disaster recovery planning and execution in world class Cloud solution
- As part of a global team spread across different timezones, you'll provide round-the-clock coverage for Jira Cloud services running in AWS. You will need and use skills and the quick-decision making ability to deal with incidents
- Investigate and sink your teeth into why something did not work the way it should - and prevent it from happening again
What we expect from you?
- Hands-on and professional experience in software development (for Junior: 0.5+ year; Mid: 2+ years; Senior: 5+ years)
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java
- Good scripting skills (Python is our default preference) - we don't want you doing repetitive work!
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills
- A collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption
- Communicative level of English skills, both oral and written (fluent English for Mid & Senior)
- Availability to work full-time (additional compensation for on-call shifts)
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.