We're looking for people who are passionate about software development and enjoy learning about new technologies and contributing to software products used worldwide. So, if you have a reasonable theoretical foundation in computer science and software engineering and you are passionate about programming, designing and problem solving, then we are the place for you!
What you will do?
- Engage with other developers (far more experienced than you), front-end designers, product managers, and performance engineers
- Liaise with technical leads and architects to promote great software design and quality
- Develop awesome new features and fix existing issues - front-end to back-end as part of a team
- Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up
- Discuss innovative ideas and code with your peers and come up with great product solutions
What we expect from you?
- That you are a Computer Science (or a closely related field) graduate or student approaching either the final year of BSc studies or, 4th/5th year of a Master's degree
- Working knowledge of Java
- Architectural understanding of web applications and the internet
- Creativity and innovative problem-solving skills
- Availability to work full-time during the internship for at least 3 months
Important to remember: This position is only open to candidates who have valid work permissions in Poland. We do not provide work permits or relocation assistance for this role.
There are many good reasons to join us:
- A fair salary with a 3-months employment contract and the opportunity of a part-time or full-time job as a junior developer after you complete the internship and impress us
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.