If you like brainstorm and discuss innovative ideas and code with your peers to come up with great product solutions, build kick-ass software solutions in technologies that are best suited to address the need, deliver compelling functionality in performant code, and invent and prototype new features and interactions you can actually ship, then we could be the place for you!
What you will do
As part of our development team in Gdańsk, Poland, you have the chance to be part of some of the most exciting, challenging and satisfying software development projects. You would:
- Design and implement web applications, work on the user interface of the product, the backend server technologies and occasionally deep dive into environments infrastructure.
- Perform hands-on software development tasks, such as prototyping, feature development, bug fixing, unit testing, and writing automated functional tests.
- Liaise with the product architects and developers on software design, dependencies, and code maintainability.
- Liaise with the UX/UI designers on the design of our products and their interfaces.
- Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up
What we expect from you
- Understanding and working knowledge of Java
- Experience with docker/AWS/lambda etc
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications
- Strong software design skills
- Good knowledge of front-end technologies
- Experience in building web apps - ideally single web page apps
- Passion for usability, efficiency and performant code
- Excitement about the latest trends in web applications
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and drive development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of various back-end technologies like Spring, Hibernate, SQL, etc
- Experience in agile software development methodologies like XP and Scrum
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools, and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, and building. The more the merrier!
- The desire to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- Minimum 5+ years in a professional software development role
What we can offer you:
- Thousands of interesting customers including Netflix, Sony, and the United Nations
- Impact! Spartez tools are used by thousands of users around the world
- Help with relocation to Gdansk, if needed
- Educational Bonus 7500 PLN/year (you chose what kind of training you would like to spend it on)
- Ergonomic and user-friendly equipment (computers, standing desks, and Aeron® chairs)
- Fully stocked kitchen (coffee, tea, yogurts, cornflakes, soft drinks, and sweets at your disposal)
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Spartez
- Life insurance fully covered by Spartez
- Multisport card 50% covered by Spartez