If you like brainstorm and discuss innovative ideas and code with your peers to come up with great product solutions, build kick-ass software in technologies that are best suited to address the need, deliver compelling functionality in performant code, and invent and prototype new features and interactions you can actually ship, then we could be the place for you!
What you will do
As part of our development team in Gdańsk, Poland, you have the chance to be part of some of the most exciting, challenging and satisfying software development projects. You would:
- Design and implement web applications, work on the user interface of the product and the backend technologies.
- Perform hands-on software development tasks, such as prototyping, feature development and bug fixing.
- Liaise with the UX/UI designers on the design of our products and their interfaces.
- Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up.
- Choose the technologies to be used to make the product stand out. We encourage experimentation!
- Share your thoughts on what would be best for the customers and the business.
What we expect from you
- Understanding and working knowledge of Java
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications
- Strong software design skills
- Good knowledge of front-end technologies
- Experience in building web apps - ideally single web page apps
- Passion for usability, efficiency and performant code
- Excitement about the latest trends in web applications
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and drive development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of various back-end technologies like Spring, SQL, etc
- Experience in agile software development methodologies like XP and Scrum
- The desire to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Heroku, Firebase, etc
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez Software you will be working on world renowned products such as TFS4JIRA, Agile Poker or Canned Responses that are used by companies like NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, C#.
- Culture. We are a small startup-ish team of 30 and we all know one another names. Our organisational structure remains flat with a place to grow for everyone. We work in small, agile and diverse teams and often travel to the US, Australia and other locations worldwide to extend our knowledge. We have unified and public salary bands.
- Room for growth. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences and run 20% pet projects.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height. Our office is based in a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal.
- Social. We have flexible working hours so that we can follow our hobbies and spend time with our friends and relatives. We also have 500 PLN quarterly social budget. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.