We believe that change is driven by individuals who have a love for their craft and the spark to inspire others.
If you would like to:
- Build kickass JS components and user interfaces for world-class products
- Deliver compelling functionalities in performant code
- Invent and prototype new features and interactions that actually do get shipped
- Join a party of UI-savvy experts amidst and solving hard problems with elegant practical code
... then we are the team you're looking for!
What you will be doing?
As part of our development team based in Gdańsk, Poland, you'll have the opportunity to participate in one of the most exciting, challenging and satisfactory agile software development projects, while collaborating with professionals across the globe. Your scope of activity will include:
- Performing hands-on software development tasks, such as prototyping, feature development, bug fixing, unit testing and writing automated functional tests
- Modernising the underlying implementation of a web application used by millions of people
- Liaising with product architects and developers on software design, dependencies and code maintainability
- Collaborating with UI designers on design and implementation of interfaces
- Providing time & scope estimates for project tasks, as well as participating in high-level project management activities
- Cultivating a high performance culture and supporting the adoption of best software development practices across the company
What we expect from you?
- Passion for and a good understanding of how to build decoupled, performant, testable and maintainable code
- Thorough knowledge of front end technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS preprocessors (LESS), templating technologies (Google Closure Templates, JSX, or similar)
- Experience in building accessible, responsive and secure web applications
- Proficiency in tools for website debugging and cross browser testing
- Excitement for the latest trends in web applications and eagerness to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- Initiative and drive to change and improve the way things are built and done
- Strong background in agile software development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or XP
- B2+ level English, as we use English in our every day communication with team members, some of whom are based in offices in Sydney, Amsterdam and San Francisco
- Know-how with regard to front end tooling such as Webpack, babel, eslint, etc.
- Familiarity with semantic HTML and crafting accessible interfaces
- Background in Java frontend technology (from templating languages to test automation)
- Good debugging skills
- Insight into the Atlassian product suite, specifically Jira and Bitbucket
- Senior: 5+ years in a professional front-end centric web development role
- Mid: 2 - 5 years in a professional front-end centric web development role
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.