We like to play as a team, especially when things get tricky. This is why we’re not only holding on to the awesome people already onboard, but also continue to welcome and search for new team members. Just like all of our other activities, the job interviews, onboardings and bootcamps continue as planned, we’ve simply switched to 100% remote work and moved all our interactions online. What’s more, everyone who joins Spartez these days can work from home until the COVID-19 lockdown is over. Subsequently, all new team members from outside the Gdańsk metropolitan area can take up to two months to relocate. It’s business as usual at Spartez. Join us!
We are looking for an experienced team lead to support and accelerate the development of Atlassian Data Center products by leading one of development teams. You will be responsible for managing a group of 6 experienced and effective engineers (a few of them work remotely).
If you would like to:
- Be a part of a team responsible for most complex projects in the organisation
- Have an impact on the formation of world-class software products' architecture
- Work in an international environment (Gdansk, Sydney, San Francisco, Amsterdam and other cities around the globe)
- Grow each day by experimenting and playing in a boundless sandpit of possibilities surrounded by seasoned Developers
- Get the support and encouragement to ring the changes and improve processes that you’re involved into (which is one of our values - Be the change you seek)
- Act according to the motto fail fast and move fast
Then we are the place for you!
What you will do:
- Be a leader; promoting, defining, customizing and deploying best agile practices
- Cooperate with other teams in order to achieve the best possible result - customer success
- Together with Product Management decide upon team’s roadmap based on designated team responsibilities
- Set up short term and mid term goals for the team supported with measures
- Lead effective delivery of roadmap owned by the team
- Ensure effective team communication internally and externally
- Successfully mentor and support the career development of your team members
- Improve the process based on the learnings and experiences as you go
- Lead by example and practice an inclusive management style
- Participate in engineering leaders activities across Server products by providing feedback, suggestions, advice and input as requested
What we expect from you:
- Experience in leading remote team members
- Experience in leading strongly senior, self-motivated team
- Experience in leading a development team (complete lifecycle) using agile principles and practices
- Up-to-date knowledge of Java or other JVM-based languages (knowledge of other modern programming platforms, especially web-based would be an added advantage)
- Experience in people management. The ability to mentor, motivate and grow engineers
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and monitor the progress of a group of people
- Minimum 6 years' experience in software development with a few years as a leader/manager
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel to Sydney ~twice a year (for 1-2 weeks)
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.