Do you want to work with an energetic and friendly team that delivers world-class improvements to Jira? We’re on a journey to improve and change the way Jira Cloud works. You’ll be working with performance and scale for Jira Search, Jira Cloud Extensibility and Jira Cloud Admin experiences to make sure that we can handle even the largest customer.
If you would like to:
- Build world class Cloud solutions and contribute to transforming Jira into a truly Cloud Native application
- Have impact on a well known product, as well as the value it brings to businesses and end-users
- Develop and manage great software development teams with a special focus on knowledge sharing and career development
- Cooperate closely with all team members in order to achieve the best possible outcome - customer success
- Work with Agile methodologies in an international environment (Gdansk, Sydney)
... then we are the team you’ve been looking for!
What you will be doing :
- Develop and manage a group of 50 great software development engineers allocated across 6 teams
- Perform closely with Team Leaders, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the organization to influence product development and improvements
- Partner up with key stakeholders to define long-term teams mission & goals in order to bring value to the product and its end-users
- Provide expert knowledge in Cloud based solutions and technical leadership for crucial aspects of software development
- Maintain highest development standards and processes along with best Agile practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software
- Lead by example with a strong focus on people management and influencing Team Leaders
- Guide, coach and mentor all team members in order to support their career development
- Remove blockers and keep the team focused on priorities
- Execute performance & salary management processes for all teams members
What we expect from you:
- Experience in leading mature and self-motivated development teams (complete lifecycle) using agile principles and practices
- A deep understanding of large scale distributed systems
- Background in designing, building and operating Microservice architectures
- Up-to-date knowledge of Java or other JVM-based languages and modern Cloud architecture (AWS)
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software development, including a few years as a leader/manager
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Hands-on expertise in applying continuous delivery practices with teams
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Passion for product and delivering value to customers
- Wide experience with employee performance & growth management
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and monitor the progress of a group of people
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel to Sydney ~twice a year (for 1-2 weeks)
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. At Spartez you will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.