Senior DevOps Engineer with strong Java experience
Love staying ahead of the growth curve and experimenting with new software and environments? Join JIRA Site Reliability Engineering team in Gdańsk as a DevOps Engineer to deal with systems serving millions of users worldwide. You will implement and maintain solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability of Atlassian products.
What you will do:
- Work side by side with the product family and platform developers to maintain and improve reliability and performance of our production and non-production systems.
- Gain deep technical knowledge of our services, build tools for automation, monitoring and improving things and, most importantly, have fun doing it. We guarantee you’ll never be bored!
- Deal with metrics collection, configuration management, capacity engineering, and disaster recovery planning.
- As part of a global team spread across different timezones you'll provide round-the-clock coverage for Atlassian's Cloud services. In the event of production systems failure you'll have the skills and the quick-decision making ability to deal with alerts, queries and problems.
- Investigate and sink your teeth into why something didn't work out the way it should - and once you've done that, work out what we can do to stop it happening again.
- Drive a reduction in interrupt work (firefighting) and deliver a corresponding increase in service quality.
What we expect from you:
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Java and JVM.
- Strong scripting experience (Python, Bash etc.) - we don't want you doing repetitive work!
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Rackspace Cloud - minimum of 2 years.
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications, experience working with web servers (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, Nginx).
- Deep expertise in monitoring of distributed systems. Exposure to system and application level telemetry for large distributed cloud architectures.
- Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools at scale.
- Diagnosing and resolving problems in high-throughput web applications and network services.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting user facing service outages.
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for the code you write all the way to production.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English (both spoken and written).
- A collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption.
What we can offer you:
- Impact! Atlassian tools are used by millions of users around the world.
- The opportunity to grow around people from Gdansk, Sydney, Mountain View, San Francisco and Amsterdam.
- Work in a world that is based on values such as honesty, truth, openness, and respect for the customer.
- The Opportunity to build/grow your personal presence by speaking publicly at various events.
- Education Bonus 5000 PLN/year (you choose what kind of training you would like to spend it on).
- Ergonomic and user friendly equipment (computers, standing desks, and Aeron® chairs).
- Fully stocked kitchen (coffee, tea, yogurts, cornflakes, sodas, and sweets at your disposal).
- Are you into travelling? Here's your opportunity to visit Australia or U.S.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Multisport card (50% covered by Spartez).
See them all
When you join Spartez you will get some great perks.